Thursday, July 19, 2007

Educational Blogging

Blogs have many features which make it an excellent tool for teachers to use with students. I am a 5th grade reading teacher, and I think a blog would be a great tool to use for a telecollaborative project with my students. I would do this project with a 5th grade class from another school. After reading one of our required novels, it would be nice for students to have an opportunity to blog about the story. Using a personal blog that could be set up over the Internet, they could post their thoughts and questions for other to read and comment on. Students can link photos, video, and podcasts to their blog, which would open up the forum for creative expression.

The link below is just one of the many places you can go to set up a blog for your classroom.

http://www.21classes.com/

I used blogger.com in order to create my blog.

www.blogger.com

No comments: